Best lawn sweepers
Getting the debris off your lawn is not the most fun activity, but it is one of those things that you need to do. After all, a lawn filled with leaves and twigs is not so appealing. While you have the old garden rake that can help you, there are other means that can make your job a lot easier. I am talking about the lawn sweeper. Your job will be basically effortless if you decide to purchase one, and you will spend less time gathering all the debris off your lawn.
The lawn sweeper, also known as a leaf sweeper, is a device that can help you forget about the garden rake. It is equipped with brushes that sweep a surface to gather all the debris. While it is mostly used for leaves, some people use it for twigs, pine cones, cut grass, or whatever you may find on your lawn. Furthermore, some models are incredibly versatile because they can be used on grassy surfaces, but they also work on flat surfaces such as your driveway or sidewalk.
Types of lawn sweepers
There are two types of lawn sweepers: the push lawn sweeper and the tow behind sweeper. The former has a handle that you can use to push the sweeper forward. Your action will activate the brushes, thus gathering all the debris that is in front of you. While it may seem hard, it is quite effortless. Of course, it may become a bit harder to push when the hopper gets filled, but you can empty it as often as you want so that your job gets easier.
The tow behind lawn sweeper can be attached to a tractor or even a lawnmower. It is equipped with a tow hitch that allows you to make the connection. One of the best things about this type of lawn sweeper is that you can attach it to a lawnmower and use it while you mow the lawn. The front side will cut, the back side will gather. It is a 2-in-1 job.
Why you should use a lawn sweeper?
If you need some persuasion, then you should know that the most significant benefit of a lawn sweeper is that it makes your life easier. If you like to rake the front and the backyard, that is fine. But if there is an easier way, don’t you want to try it? With that being said, here is why you should show some interest in a lawn sweeper.
- You can forget about the rake – a garden rake is a common tool used to gather the leaves or the debris off your lawn. However, it requires some time and some effort on your part. In time, you can suffer from back pain, no matter how long is the handle of the rake or how ergonomic it is. It puts some stress on your spine, and nobody wants that. Is it not enough that you sit at an office all day long? If you work using your hands and back, that is even worse. A rake is not what you need. A lawn sweeper, on the other hand, will make your days more pleasant.
- It takes less time – since a lawn sweeper is pretty wide (the width can differ depending on the model), you will finish gathering all the debris in no time. Just a few laps on your lawn, and you will be done.
- It does not need power – apart from rakes, we can also use leaf blowers. However, they use power to function, and that increases our electricity bill. Plus, you still need to gather all the leaves from the pile and take them to the bin. With a lawn sweeper, your electricity bill stays the same, and you just need to empty the hopper once it gets full or every time it gets uncomfortable to push.
I bet that if I think a little bit more, I can find other reasons for buying a lawn sweeper, but I think the ones above should do the trick. All you need to remember is cost efficiency and no effort. That should be enough for everybody.
How to choose the best lawn sweeper
If you do a quick search online, you will find dozens of models from several manufacturers. That is why it may be a bit tricky to find the best lawn sweeper with no information. That is why you need to consider the following aspects before you make a purchase.
- Hopper size – the hopper size will determine just how much debris you can gather in a single sweep and how often you need to empty it. The bigger the hopper, the fewer times you need to empty However, keep in mind that it is not always the case. It depends on what you are sweeping. If you sweep leaves, for example, you can fill the hopper to the top. However, if you use to clean heavier debris, you may have to empty it before reaching the top so that the hopper does not suffer damage from being weighed down. Even cut grass can weigh down the hopper. At the same time, you should remember that the bigger the hopper, the more expensive the lawn sweeper is.
- The brushes – there are two things you need to consider when it comes to brushes. The first is the quality. The brushes will sweep the ground so they must be constructed of high-quality materials. The second is the brush to wheel ratio. That is how many times the brush will rotate while the wheel rotates just once. A ratio below 5:1 is not worth your attention. At the same time, the more brushes a lawn sweeper has, the more coverage you get. It will help you finish the job faster.
- Adjustable height – this refers to the height of the brushes from the ground. You may need to change the height depending on what debris you are gathering, the speed of the tractor, and the length of the grass. It is important to be able to use the change the height setting, but it is also essential that you do that easily.
- Tow hitch – this applies only if you purchase a tow behind lawn sweeper. Before you make a purchase, you need to make sure that the tow hitch is compatible with your riding mower or your tractor. Otherwise, you will have bought a lawn sweeper for nothing. Of course, some models can suffer minor modifications. A lot of people do it. However, I think it is best that you buy a lawns sweeper with a compatible tow hitch from the start.
What are the best lawn sweepers?
I think that as long as you follow the factors above and you take into consideration all the information I have given you, you should be able to make the right choice. Remember to always read the specifications, and if you are having doubts about a particular product, maybe you should read some lawn sweepers reviews online as well. That way you can learn from other people and their purchases. However, if you do not feel like doing so, you can always go for one of the models I have chosen below. All three of them are excellent products.
Agri-Fab Lawn Sweeper,
The lawn sweeper from Agri-Fab is one of the best-selling online products in this category. That is because it is a high-quality lawn sweeper. It may not be the cheapest, but after you use it, you will see that it is worth every penny. Just as the title suggests, it is 44 inches wide, and the hopper has a capacity of 25 cubic feet. You will be able to fill it all the way up, which minimizes the time you need to spend on emptying.
The assembly is effortless to achieve. All you need are two tools. It should not take you more than 30 minutes to do it. The height of the brushes can be adjusted with a simple lever that needs to be pulled. There is also an indicator that lets you know just how high the brushes are. At the same time, the indicator will never slip which ensures optimum performance.
This is a tow behind lawn sweeper that you can attach to your tractor or riding mower. The tow hitch is compatible with most tractors, so you should have no issues with attaching it. The sweeper tongue can be offset to cut and sweep in a single pass. One of the best things about this lawn sweeper is that it has a dump lever that allows you to empty the hopper without leaving the tractor. Once you are done sweeping, the entire sweeper is collapsible for easy storage. You do not need tools for that. The brush to wheel ratio is 5.6:1, which is pretty good.
Brinly Tow-Behind Lawn Sweeper, 42-Inch
The second product that I found to be more than suitable is the one from Brinly. It is a bit smaller than the previous product. The hopper is 42 inches wide, and it has a capacity of only 20 cubic feet. Even so, I think you will find it most useful, and it is still better than a rake. Just like the previous lawn sweeper, this is also a tow behind model.
The brushes on this device are made of high-quality and durable materials. They are considered to be high-velocity with a brush to wheel ratio of 5:1. You can adjust their height depending on what you need to sweep or the height of your grass. Either way, they will pick up as much debris as possible.
The hopper is also made of high-quality fabric. It will not become damaged because of cones or twigs. It is very easy to empty, although you need to do it yourself. There is no dump lever. Even so, I think it is an excellent lawn sweeper that will make your task easier.
Earthwise 21-Inch Push Lawn Sweeper
If you are looking for a more affordable solution, or you do not have a large surface that needs sweeping, then the lawn sweeper from Earthwise is precisely what you need. It is a tiny model, but that does not mean it is not efficient. Quite the contrary, it has a good performance, and it is still better than a garden rake. At the end of the day, anything that is better than a garden rake goes.
Just because this is a small lawn sweeper, it does not mean it lack features. You can still adjust the height of the brushes according to your needs. The device is only 21 inches in width, and the bag that collects the debris is removable for easy emptying. There are two brushes per section, and they are made of plastic. Even so, they seem to be doing a pretty good job.
One of the benefits of a small lawn sweeper is that you can assemble it with minimal effort. It is very lightweight which will help with storage, and you can just as easily disassemble it. At the same time, you will love the fact that while this is a lawn sweeper, it can also clean the debris off the pavement or driveway. It may be small, but the Earthwise lawn sweeper is incredibly versatile.
You should choose the model that best satisfies your needs, but if I had to pick just one of the models above, I would go with the Agri-Fab Lawn Sweeper, 44-Inch. It is big enough for a large surface, and I think that the dump lever is a huge selling point. I believe it is one of the best lawn sweepers you can find on the market.
I think we are lucky that we have all these tools at our disposal to help us maintain our properties. Providing maintenance for or lawns is not as hard as it used to be. We do not have to sweep it ourselves, for one, and that makes a significant difference in our lives. One of the products above can help with that. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Techniques for Lawn Mower Sweeper That Only Handful of People Know
- Most Noticeable Tow behind Lawn Sweeper Reviews
- Most Noticeable Leaf Sweeper Reviews
- New Questions About Power Lawn Sweeper Answered and Why You Must Read Every Word of This Report
- What You Don’t Know About Pull behind Yard Sweeper
- What You Should Know About Commercial Lawn Sweeper
- The Dirty Facts About Lawn Leaf Sweeper
- Key Pieces of Lawn Broom
- Top Craftsman Yard Sweeper Choices
- Why Everyone Is Talking About Best Push Lawn Sweeper
- Husqvarna Lawn Sweeper Options
- What Everybody Else Does When It Comes to Lawn Sweeper Tow behind and What You Need to Be Doing Different
- The Pull behind Grass Sweeper Cover Up
- Why Everybody Is Talking About Yard Sweeper Reviews…The Simple Truth Revealed
- The Ultimate Push Leaf Sweeper Trick
- The Hidden Facts About Yard Sweepers
- Reported Hype on Cub Cadet Lawn Sweeper Discovered
- Who’s Worried About Pull behind Leaf Sweeper and Why You Need to be Paying Attention
- The Agri Fab Sweeper Diaries
- Buying Agri Fab Lawn Sweeper Parts
- The Pitfall of Tow behind Lawn Sweeper
- A Startling Fact about Brinly Lawn Sweeper Uncovered
- Pull behind Lawn Sweeper Reviews & Guide
- Secrets About Lawn Sweeper for Sale Uncovered
- The Inexplicable Puzzle Into Push Lawn Sweeper Discovered
- Craftsman Lawn Sweeper Exposed
- Grass Sweeper Explained
- How to Find John Deere Lawn Sweeper on the Web
- Lawn Vacuum – the Story
- Who Else Is Lying to Us About Agri Fab Lawn Sweeper?
- Introducing Yard Sweeper
- Sensitive Facts on Dethatcher Only the Experts Know Exist
- Why Everybody Is Talking About Leaf Sweeper…The Simple Truth Revealed
- What Everybody Is Saying About Lawn Sweeper Reviews Is Dead Wrong and Why
- How to Choose Lawn Sweeper